Good afternoon, guys! We’re just a couple of days away from Thanksgiving and I couldn’t be more excited. In fact, I’m getting all the pies and things ready tonight because I plan on cooking for the next couple of days.
So, I know that everyone will be busy with their families–myself included–and I wanted to share some Thanksgiving wisdom for all you who are a little afraid of this pending holiday. Don’t worry; I’ve got advice for those of you who are currently taking the Roca Labs regimen and for everyone who’s in weight management at the moment.
If you’re taking the Roca Labs Gastric Bypass NO Surgery procedure right now, don’t fret! You’re going to have a great Thanksgiving–you just have to follow a few guidelines.
- Don’t skimp out. I know that this holiday is centered around eating the entire day–even more than Christmas is. But, that will be your downfall, if you let yourself just go crazy. I mean, you’re already doing great; do you really want a set back? Of course not! So, do what you normally do: take the mixture in the morning and eat breakfast as usual. Don’t skimp out on eating breakfast because you’re anticipating the big meal later; that skipped meal could cause you to binge and that’s certainly not good.
- Drink you water! Remember, that you’re trying to treat this like a normal day, which means drink the required amount of water. Not only is drinking water necessary to ensure the formula is as effective as possible, but it will also prevent you from mindless snacking.
For Weight Management
- Workout in the morning. Get your day started with a good workout; it can be anything you would like, just make sure that it’s at least 30 minutes long. The early morning workout will kick-start your metabolism to help you burn calories all day long.
- Don’t deprive yourself. What works best for me is to not say that I can’t have certain things. Instead, I pick one thing that I really want and I choose to have a regular serving of that. Then, I make sure everything else is a healthy choice. For example, I love dessert and there’s no way I’m missing out on pie. So, rather than reaching for all the unhealthy choices at dinner, I stick to turkey breast, cranberry sauce, and veggie sides with a salad. Then, when the dessert comes around, I have a slice of pie and I call it a day. See, I still got to have something I really enjoy without going crazy. Remember: healthy choices equal a health weight.
- Limit the alcohol. I don’t know about you guys, but my family loves to have a cocktail (or 4) during Thanksgiving–especially the men. They’re watching football, after all. But, alcoholic drinks are full of empty calories, so I recommend just forgetting those suckers. Stick to water or unsweetened tea or even some Crystal Light.
Well, I wish everyone a very good holiday and I hope these suggestions will get you through this Thanksgiving!
Hello to all! I hope that everyone is having a wonderful Tuesday! Okay, so today I’d like to discuss Gastric Bypass surgery and why I think you should put the thought away and seek-out the most effective alternative: the Gastric Bypass NO surgery regimen from Roca Labs. Seriously guys, this alternative to bariatric surgery changed my life and I haven’t looked back since my weight drop of 85 pounds finalized in 2013.
So, when I was overweight, I tried a number of different ways to get achieve the perfect, healthy weight. I did fad-diets, I took pills, I went crazy at the gym, but I always ended-up disappointed while eating a pint of Ben & Jerry’s. Then, I found the Roca Labs regimen and I thought that all my prayers had been answered because it was so effective.
Like many people, I considered getting Gastric Bypass surgery. After all, the surgery sounds great… on paper. First of all, it’s surgery, which always has risks associated with it. Then there’s the ridiculous recovery time and I had to live with every kind of food restriction you could think of for the rest of my life. Uh, no thank you–I’ll pass. With the Roca Labs regimen, though, I can make healthy choices and still sneak in my favorite foods from time-to-time without getting sick or suffering. Basically, this surgical alternative is exactly what every overweight individual has been looking for all these years.
My point in saying all of this is that if you’ve tried every which way to shed your excess weight, I’m telling you to give Roca Labs a try. After just one day, you’ll start to feel better and in a month? You won’t ever want to go back to not using it. Trust me guys, if it saved me from surgery, it can save you. I hope this has been helpful! Keep in touch to hear more about my journey, plus, I share great tips that anyone can use!
When my weight was far from being under control, I used to have cravings all the time. I mean, you would have thought I was pregnant by the way that I ate. To make things worse, I’m a great baker, and I always had fresh baked goods around the house, and of course, I would eat them. There wasn’t a single day when I didn’t have some kind of cookie, brownie, or dessert.
Once I found Roca Labs regimen, I was very excited about the Anti-Cravings®, since I knew I had to get my cravings under control, if I was going to be successful in my weight loss journey. The cravings always used to get me when I watched certain things on television. For example, if I was watching a sporting event, I had to have snacks. If I was watching a favorite show of mine, snacks had to be involved. Plus, I couldn’t watch any movie–in theatres or at home–that didn’t have food tied along with it. So, once I got the Roca Labs Anti-Cravings® along with my formula, I took it at night to see if I could fight off any of the cravings I got while watching tv before bed. I’ll tell you guys what: I never expected it work as effectively as it did. It was amazing! I could watch tv and not feel like I had to be putting food in my mouth. I knew at that point that this weight loss solution was going to work wonders for me.
The entire purpose of the Roca Labs Anti-Cravings® formula is to balance your blood sugar levels. When you blood sugar levels aren’t where they’re supposed to be, your body thinks that you need foods that will convert into sugars to balance everything out. That’s when you tend to crave sweets or carb-rich foods.
While you can do things to inhibit those cravings, such as: taking more vitamins and drinking extra water when you’re starting to feel hungry, that didn’t work for me. Not even now that I have my weight under control. That’s why I highly recommend that you still take the Anti-Cravings®, even after you’ve finished taking the Roca Labs regimen. It’s very effective in preventing you from raiding your fridge in the evening trying to satisfy those cravings. I know it’s tough when you encounter this issue, but trust me when I say, that taking the Roca Labs Anti-Cravings® will help you control this problem to make your weight loss remain permanently. I hope this helps you guys!
Water, water, water! Drinking water is the key to any healthy body, but it’s especially true when you’re using the Roca Labs regimen. Part of the instructions list that you must drink at least 6 bottles of water a day, in order for the formula to be truly effective. But, just drinking plain water can get boring sometimes. Well, I at least get sick of just drinking water all the time. That’s probably because I used to guzzle sodas all day and hardly had any water–until I started using the Roca Labs regimen, that is.
Well, every once in a while, I start wanting to have some flavor in my water, and since I gave up drinking sodas while I was trying to lose weight, I had to get creative. After a little research, I ended up finding a number of solutions to give my water that extra zing I had longed for and sought.
- Get an infuser bottle. This one is my favorite! A while ago, a friend of mine recommended using an infuser bottle after her mother-in-law had turned her onto one. An infuser bottle contains a cylinder within the bottle that has a bunch of tiny holes. Inside the cylinder you can place just about any fruit you would like, such as: strawberries, raspberries, or even lemon slices. I like to put cucumbers in my mine sometimes, also. Then, you add water to the bottle and place the infuser inside. After a while, the fruit will release their natural flavor into the water. It’s delicious! Plus, it’s easy to do, especially if you have a lot of fruit at home on a regular basis, like me.
- Try MIO, Crystal Light, or Diet Snapple. While I do love my infuser bottle, I like to switch things up all the time, which is why I like to use flavor packets, as well. MIO, Crystal Light, and even Snapple have diet packets to add flavor to your water without adding calories. I personally love the diet Snapple Lemon Tea. It’s free of calories and it’s a delicious lemon iced tea flavor. You can also try one of the many flavors that Crystal Light or MIO has to offer.
- Gatorade packets. After I workout, I like to drink a Gatorade to help me rehydrate. But, those can come full of calories and sugars, most of the time. Luckily, Gatorade decided to copy the other companies and make their own calorie-free flavor packets. These come in the classic Gatorade flavors with all the same benefits just without the extra sugar and calories.
Now that you have my take on water enhancers, go out and try a couple. Let me know what you guys think, and which ones are you favorites in the comments! I’ll be back to update next week.
I’m going to talk to you guys (both the ones on the Roca Labs regimen and the ones managing their weight) about going out to eat today! I know going out can be such a treat for everyone, especially on the days where cooking is the last thing on your mind. I’ll tell you this: eating out doesn’t have to end because you’re in the weight management phase. There are ways to go out without feeling like you’re the only person at the table eating diet food. So, I’m going to share a few tips for eating at a restaurant that will help you know what to choose and how to enjoy yourself!
- Do a little research before going. Restaurants nowadays have their menus available for you online. Places like, Chili’s, The Cheesecake Factory, and even McDonald’s have nutritional information for their entire menus on their websites. Before you go to restaurant, take a look over the menu because you’ll be surprised at what you find. For example, most people go for the salad, thinking it’s the safest bet. However, far too often the salads are worse for you nutritionally than eating something else. Instead, look over the menu online and choose a couple of entrées that sound appetizing. Once you’re there, stick to the list you have in mind to avoid eating any major calorie bombs.
- The bread basket is not your friend. The idea of the “bread basket” exists in a number of restaurants. In some places, it’s a basket of chips with salsa, or it could actually be a bread basket. Either way, avoid this basket, if you can. The starches in those foods will fill you up with tons of complex carbs that will only contribute to those extra pounds. Once the waiter comes around, kindly ask them to not bring the complimentary appetizer. Or, if you must have some it, take a small portion, and have the waiter take the rest away.
- Broiled, grilled, steamed, poached–these are the good words. If you don’t have time to look over the menu beforehand, then look for a few keywords within the menu that usually point to healthier options. For example, items that have been grilled, steamed, or even broiled tend to have fewer calories. You can also look for the ‘skinny’ version on menus, which offer low-calorie entrées that are packed with flavor. Simply ask for the ‘skinny’ menu, if you’re unable to find it on your menu.
- Look away from anything that’s a synonym for fried. The calorie bombs at any restaurant usually come from foods that have words like battered and crispy attached to them. These items are usually swimming in some kind of fatty sauce or has been cooked in a deep-fryer. Not only are these foods lacking in nutrients, you’re more than likely to end-up sick from eating them.
Hopefully this guide will allow you to enjoy dining out once in a while without feeling restricted! Remember, being in the weight management phase of your life doesn’t mean you can’t do the things you enjoy doing!
I don’t know about you guys, but I am one busy woman! Between my husband, 2 children, 8 grandchildren and the dogs, I’m surprised I have a moment to sleep. The reason why I’m mentioning this is because the number one excuse for not exercising is a lack of time. Now, I just told you that I have 11 people and 2 animals that require my attention day-in and day-out, but I still find the time to squeeze-in a few workouts every week. I’ll admit that in the beginning I wasn’t all too fond of exercising, but I’ve grown to love it. It’s the part of the day that’s meant just for me. Plus, it’s good for my body.
When I started using the Roca Labs regimen, I used to do it 3 times a week and it was mostly cardio. I’d spend time on the elliptical, stationary bike, or sometimes I would just walk on the treadmill. Nothing fancy and it was keeping me in motion. Then, when I really started to lose weight and working out was easier on my lighter body, I started doing weight training and increased my workouts to 5 times a week. I’m not saying working out 5 days a week is meant for everyone, which why I recommend starting with 3 30-minute workouts each week.
Okay, since I promised the best workouts for busy people in my title, I’m going to let you in on my secret workout/weight loss tip: it’s an app. Yep, an app on my phone. You see, I’m an app junkie and I’m always looking for the latest, coolest apps to tell my friends or family about, and a few months back I found this gem called, Daily Workouts. It’s available on the Android and Apple app stores, which means anyone can use it! The free version offers a variety of daily workouts that target certain areas, like, arms, legs, butt, and abs–there’s also a cardio workout. However, with the paid version (it’s only $3.99, by the way) you have unlimited access to the app and you can even create your own exercise routine just by choosing so many workouts from a pre-made list.
The best part out the Daily Workouts is that each exercise has a quick video clip demonstrating how to do all the exercises listed. There’s also a countdown to let you know how long you have to do each exercise. Additionally, all the workouts are available in 5, 8, 10, or 30 minute increments. They’re all quick and very effective little workouts that anyone who’s busy can do! I highly recommend this form of exercise and I hope everyone else enjoys them, as well.
Hey, guys! One of the hardest parts of weight management is the snacking! Now, for those of you who are familiar with the Roca Labs regimen, remember the Anti-Cravings®; I highly recommend it since it does a great job at fighting those late-night cravings that only lead to the major consumption of not-so-good-for-you snacks. However, if you’re still feeling the urge to munch on something, I have the perfect solution: homemade chips!
Before I got my weight under control, chips used to be my go-to snack of choice. I love salty things and chips used to hit the spot all the time. But, the downside is that chips are little, fried calorie bombs and they just didn’t seem worth it to me. So, I gave up chips for a long time because I couldn’t find a substitute that was completely satisfying, until I found this recipe. These chips are made from wonton wrappers–the same wrappers that are used for egg rolls! Unlike regular chips, these are baked, but they have the same crunch as a regular potato chip. And, not to mention that they’re very flavorful and super light. I hope you guys enjoy them as much as I do!
- 30 wonton wrappers
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp of dried basil
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese (use the fat-free version for less calories!)
- Preheat your oven to 350º F. Then, cut each wonton wrapper diagonally into 2 triangles. Next, lightly coat a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and arrange the wonton wrappers in a single layer.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, minced garlic, and basil. Lightly brush the mixture onto each wrapper; sprinkle the wrappers with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake the seasoned wonton wrappers for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat these steps for the remainder of the wonton wrappers.
Not only will you find that these chips are packed with delicious flavor, but there’s only 69 calories in each 4 chip serving! I know 4 chips doesn’t sound like a lot, but each chip is actually pretty big. Personally, I like to munch on these just as they are, but they would go great with low-fat dip or on the side of sandwich. Either way, they’re easy to make and certainly not diet-breaking. So, go try them out and let me know how much you like them!